Search engine optimization methods today are quite different from the SEO you used to know about ten years ago. Therefore, seo meta tags have also changed a lot.
There are presently clear cut rules different from the time seo started. As these rules changed, seo meta tags strategies also changed to suit the new things that are presently acceptable by the search engines.
Irrespective of what so many folks have said about seo meta tags, these tags are still very important for on-page search engine optimization of any webpage. It is very true that a webpage can be indexed by search engines without seo meta tags.
It is very clear that websites that fail to include Meta Tags may as a result see their site ranking in the SERPs and organic search traffic dwindling. However, the 3 most required seo meta tags for better SEO are the title tags, description tags and keywords tags.
But What Are Meta Tags?
Meta tags or meta tags seo are those snippets of text that are used in describing a webpage’s content; though the seo meta tags don’t appear visible on the page itself, they appear only in the webpage’s code. They are little content descriptors that help tell the search engines what a webpage is about.
Are SEO Meta Tags Vital?
Certainly, Meta Tags are vital for SEO, however, not all the tags, and not vital all the time. One of the things you will learn in this post is the revealing of which of the various Meta Tags are vital and help you get the word out for more profiting.
To find out if a particular webpage is using seo meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source or Ctrl + U.”
Know Your Seo Meta Tags
Some of the meta tags are not as useful as they used to be in the past. It is still important to understand that there are so many types of meta tags seo but only few are worth giving attention to, and I will explain them here.
Some of meta tags should be used regularly to inform Google and other search engines about what your webpage is all about and the services you provide.
4 Major Meta Tags:
1. Title Tag: This is the text which serves as the topic of your article; it is the piece of texts seen at the top of your browser. Search engines see this text as the “title” of your page.
Note that title tags are the most vital of all of the seo meta tags. These tags have a real impact on your webpage search rankings. It is of the only few tags that are visible on the webpage and to the average user.
2. Meta Description Attribute: These are the texts that briefly describe what your article is all about. This is a very useful meta tag seo in the sense that it explains to both internet users and search engines what your page is all about.
Please note that the description meta tag doesn’t always show up in the results for a Google search (Google frequently picks a snippet of text from the page itself) but it’s useful in other ways.
It is true that Google has clearly stated that keywords in meta descriptions will not boost your webpage rankings. However, a compelling meta description tag could entice searchers to click through from the SERP to your site, especially if the description includes the keywords they were searching for.
3. Meta Keywords Attribute: Another meta tags seo; they are series of chosen keywords you considered very relevant to the article in question. Meta Keywords are an example of a meta tag that doesn’t make much sense to use these days. The meta keyword tags used to be very useful and profitable some years ago, but not anymore.
4. Meta Robots Attribute: This is another seo meta tags that is vital; it gives command to search engine crawlers (robots or “bots”) regarding what they should do with the page. With this seo meta tags, you’re telling the search engines what to do with your pages such as:
- index/noindex – This tells the engines whether to show your page in search results or not.
- follow/nofollow – This tells the engines how to treat links on your pages; whether they should trust and “follow” these links to the next page or not.